• Pedro L Pancorbo-Hidalgo (IP). University of Jaen (Spain).
• Isabel Mª López-Medina. University of Jaen (Spain).
• Inmaculada Sánchez-García. University of Jaen (Spain).
• Mª Amparo Pérez-Campos. University of Jaen (Spain).
• Francisco P. García-Fernández. Hospital of Jaén (Spain).
• Serafín Fernández Salazar. Hospitals Group Alto Guadalquivir (Jaen, Spain).
• Beatriz Lopez-Barajas Hernández. Hospitals Group Alto Guadalquivir (Jaen, Spain).
Aims: 1) To explore nurses’ views on implementation of evidence-based clinical practice (EBCP) ; 2) To determine which are factors related with hospital organization that influence evidence-based clinical practice implementation by nurses.
Mixed methods study, using both qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
• Qualitative methodology. Focus groups with nurses working in some of the hospitals included in the study, aimed to know about their experiences and perceptions on EBCP. Analysis using the PARIHS model (Promoting Action for Research Implementation in Health Services) as framework.
• Quantitative methodology. Survey with 5 questionnaires to measure EBCP and different organizational and nursing practice related factors: EBPQ; Practice Environment Scale of the Nursing Work Index; Decisional Involvement Scale; Nursing Teamwork Survey; and Context Assessment Index.
Phase 1. Translation and cultural adaptation to the Spanish context of the questionnaires.
Phase 2. Psychometric validation of the Spanish version of the questionnaires.
Phase 3. Survey in a sample of nurses..
This research project was funded by the Institute of Health Carlos III, Ministry of Health and Consumers (Spain). Code number: PI11/02565.
• Spanish version of the Decisional Involvement Scale.
• Spanish version of the Nursing Teamwork Survey.
• Spanish version of the Context Assessment Index.